Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Baby steps to get a Baby


A little bit every day. 
Since opening up about our fertility issues, I have been so much more comfortable.  The amount of support my husband and I have received it so surprising and overwhelming... And we thank you. I have had friends and even family open up to me and share what they have gone through and for the first time in the last year, I don't feel alone. 

Yesterday, UPS dropped off a box filled with the medication I'll need to start taking. When I was first told about the PCOS I was so overwhelmed that I maybe heard about 25% of what the doctors said and I'm pretty sure that the medication was part of what I blocked out. Well, I probably should have listened!! The box contained needles, syringes, gels, pills, little bottles, big bottles, and a Sharps Disposal box. I pulled everything out and had absolutely no clue where to go from there. My husband being the most amazing man in the world pulled his humor into it and started googling the medications to figure out what they're for and labeling them with hysterical post-it notes so I know what to take, how to take it, and what it's for. 

He really is God sent.
With this tough time we're beginning to realize that you can let this process engulf you in negativity, or you can laugh.  Not every day, in fact, two days ago I pulled out my collection of baby stuff for the first time since my last miscarriage and I just held it, looked at it all, and moped. Everyone has the right to a little self pity. But making fun of the situation is making it livable, it's helping us to accept it, and hopefully stopping the "when are having babies?!" constant reminder of our struggle. 
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment